Happy New Year everyone! I've been spending the first few weeks of 2008 recovering from New Year's Eve revelry, nursing a cold, fixing my itunes library (I officially hate Apple), planning my birthday trip (I'm trying hard to keep things from getting all My Super Sweet 16, but feel free to call it an egotrip if you want), and generally enjoying the downtime from blogging.
But I guess its about time to get back into the swing of things. Here's some pics of me saying "smell ya later" to 2007 over in H-town.
For real though, don't act like you don't see the resemblance. OK here's one more. I especially like the handbag pinned between me and Ada
I figured a decent way to ease back into blogging, and also maybe let everyone know what's going on in my life would be to post my responses to one of those stupid surveys that you always see on myspace (which, if you're still using myspace, I think it's time to switch over to facebook). This suvey is apparently for "people who are getting older" (again, I found this on myspace so I'm sure I qualify):
1. What bill do you hate paying most? Rent
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? I guess it was Rice
3. [Redacted] 3 was missing from survey when I found it.
4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? I'd have started studying Chinese when I was 7
5. Name of your first grade teacher? I want to say Mrs. Yirmack (no idea on the spelling)but that was 2nd grade
6. What do you really want to be doing right now? eating sushi and drinking beer
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up? when i was a little kid I wanted to be a "truck man". Later I thought I wanted to be an architect (but then I tried using a t-square...).
8. How many colleges did you attend? Just one (be true to your school). Well unless you count the University of Florence.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? I've been wearing this tshirt since last night. Maybe I shouldn't be sleeping in it consider how much I paid for the stupid thing.
10. What are your thoughts on gas prices? Sucks for people with cars.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be? Hong Kong maybe
I2. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? On Thursday morning I think my first thought was "You've gotta be kidding me"
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? No idea. I was probably thinking about the movie Sissi that I watched last night.
14. Do you miss being a child? No, I'm happy about being an adult
15. Who is the last person you had an argument with? Maybe Ada (Really it was with myself. It happens more often than you'd think).
16. What errand/chore do you despise? Tidying up the apartment
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? Yes.
18. Get up early or sleep in? Sleep in
19. What is your favorite cartoon character? It's hard to pick just one. I'm going to go with Fry from Futurama
20. Favorite thing to do at night with a woman? With a woman huh? I'll say "drink red wine"
21. Have you found real love yet? no
22. When did you first start feeling old? one time last year some kid (who was besides this annoying and ugly) said that maybe I was too old to be a young Democrat. May he be mauled by bears like the childen who mocked the prophet Elisha (I stole that line from P.G. Wodehouse).
23.What do you do for fun? Ugh. Why am I even filling this out?
24. Your favorite lunch meat? Roast beef
25. What do you get every time you go into Costco? fruit, water, juice
26. Beach or lake? beach
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? kind of
28. Do you own property? no
29. Favorite Guilty pleasures? Watching Gossip Girl. Eating drunken noodles.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? Teen Witch
31. What's your drink? Lately it's been Jack and soda.
32. Cowboys or Indians? Indians
33. Cops or Robbers? Robbers
34. Who from high school would you like to run in to? My friend Nilay I guess
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? N/A for a number of reasons
36. Norm or Cliff? Cliff because of his layman's knowledge of obscure facts
37. Grey's or 'The Office? The Office, but I don't really watch either one.
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? Making out with someone I didn't really like (and not just one time).
39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? No and no. Eh they're OK.
40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? How about Christiane Amanpour?
41. Indoors or Outdoors? Is this like I only get one for the rest of my life? I guess put me down for indoors.
42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? Oh yes.
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Yes. But of course I couldn't find it.
44. Last book you read? Reading the Odyssey right now. Before this I read a few stories by HP Lovecraft
45. Do you have a teddy bear? I have some stuffed animals.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? I've walked around the house with the toothbrush in my mouth before.
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? Napa, San Francisco
48. Do you go to church? No
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? Hmm... I guess a relationship.
50. How old are you? 29