Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy 2008, Bloggers!

Happy New Year everyone! I've been spending the first few weeks of 2008 recovering from New Year's Eve revelry, nursing a cold, fixing my itunes library (I officially hate Apple), planning my birthday trip (I'm trying hard to keep things from getting all My Super Sweet 16, but feel free to call it an egotrip if you want), and generally enjoying the downtime from blogging.

But I guess its about time to get back into the swing of things. Here's some pics of me saying "smell ya later" to 2007 over in H-town.

Hmm. I kind of look like a mischievous (or "mis-CHEE-vee-us", if you will) chipmunk. Here's another pic of me taken that same night...

For real though, don't act like you don't see the resemblance. OK here's one more. I especially like the handbag pinned between me and Ada



I figured a decent way to ease back into blogging, and also maybe let everyone know what's going on in my life would be to post my responses to one of those stupid surveys that you always see on myspace (which, if you're still using myspace, I think it's time to switch over to facebook). This suvey is apparently for "people who are getting older" (again, I found this on myspace so I'm sure I qualify):

1. What bill do you hate paying most? Rent

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? I guess it was Rice

3. [Redacted] 3 was missing from survey when I found it.

4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? I'd have started studying Chinese when I was 7

5. Name of your first grade teacher? I want to say Mrs. Yirmack (no idea on the spelling)but that was 2nd grade

6. What do you really want to be doing right now? eating sushi and drinking beer

7. What did you want to be when you were growing up? when i was a little kid I wanted to be a "truck man". Later I thought I wanted to be an architect (but then I tried using a t-square...).

8. How many colleges did you attend? Just one (be true to your school). Well unless you count the University of Florence.

9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? I've been wearing this tshirt since last night. Maybe I shouldn't be sleeping in it consider how much I paid for the stupid thing.

10. What are your thoughts on gas prices? Sucks for people with cars.

11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be? Hong Kong maybe

I2. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? On Thursday morning I think my first thought was "You've gotta be kidding me"

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? No idea. I was probably thinking about the movie Sissi that I watched last night.

14. Do you miss being a child? No, I'm happy about being an adult

15. Who is the last person you had an argument with? Maybe Ada (Really it was with myself. It happens more often than you'd think).

16. What errand/chore do you despise? Tidying up the apartment

17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? Yes.

18. Get up early or sleep in? Sleep in

19. What is your favorite cartoon character? It's hard to pick just one. I'm going to go with Fry from Futurama

20. Favorite thing to do at night with a woman? With a woman huh? I'll say "drink red wine"

21. Have you found real love yet? no

22. When did you first start feeling old? one time last year some kid (who was besides this annoying and ugly) said that maybe I was too old to be a young Democrat. May he be mauled by bears like the childen who mocked the prophet Elisha (I stole that line from P.G. Wodehouse).

23.What do you do for fun? Ugh. Why am I even filling this out?

24. Your favorite lunch meat? Roast beef

25. What do you get every time you go into Costco? fruit, water, juice

26. Beach or lake? beach

27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? kind of

28. Do you own property? no

29. Favorite Guilty pleasures? Watching Gossip Girl. Eating drunken noodles.

30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? Teen Witch

31. What's your drink? Lately it's been Jack and soda.

32. Cowboys or Indians? Indians

33. Cops or Robbers? Robbers

34. Who from high school would you like to run in to? My friend Nilay I guess

35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? N/A for a number of reasons

36. Norm or Cliff? Cliff because of his layman's knowledge of obscure facts

37. Grey's or 'The Office? The Office, but I don't really watch either one.

38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? Making out with someone I didn't really like (and not just one time).

39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? No and no. Eh they're OK.

40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? How about Christiane Amanpour?

41. Indoors or Outdoors? Is this like I only get one for the rest of my life? I guess put me down for indoors.

42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? Oh yes.

43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Yes. But of course I couldn't find it.

44. Last book you read? Reading the Odyssey right now. Before this I read a few stories by HP Lovecraft

45. Do you have a teddy bear? I have some stuffed animals.

46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? I've walked around the house with the toothbrush in my mouth before.

47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? Napa, San Francisco

48. Do you go to church? No

49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? Hmm... I guess a relationship.

50. How old are you? 29

2 comments:

nola32 said...

1. What bill do you hate paying most? cell phone

2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner? Lilette

3. [Redacted] 3 was missing from survey when I found it.

4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be? going to law school or i would have taken piano lessons when i was young

5. Name of your first grade teacher? no clue

6. What do you really want to be doing right now? counting my imaginary millions

7. What did you want to be when you were growing up? a writer

8. How many colleges did you attend? just one and the same for law

9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now? i'm wearing a robe. choose it because it's 7:30am and i'm still half asleep. can't be arsed to put on real clothes.

10. What are your thoughts on gas prices? INSANE

11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be? Scotland

I2. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? i don't want to go to work today

13. Last thought before going to sleep last night? i hope gavin makes it home ok (he got off at 2am)

14. Do you miss being a child? No, cus i think i kind of still am one.

15. Who is the last person you had an argument with? eileen

16. What errand/chore do you despise? Tidying up the apartment- i'm in agreement with meeg here.

17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer? Yes.

18. Get up early or sleep in? Sleep in

19. What is your favorite cartoon character? ooh, that's hard. maybe dr venture? maybe fry? hmmm, i'll get back to you.

20. Favorite thing to do at night with a woman? dance the night away

21. Have you found real love yet? yes

22. When did you first start feeling old? when the grey's really started coming in

23.What do you do for fun? depends on the day.

24. Your favorite lunch meat? tofu

25. What do you get every time you go into Costco? fruit, tea, coffee, milk

26. Beach or lake? lake

27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? yeah, actually i kind of do.

28. Do you own property? no

29. Favorite Guilty pleasures? smoking

30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about? Teen Witch- i'm totally with meeg on this one. we've actually watched it together!!!!

31. What's your drink? iced coffee

32. Cowboys or Indians? Indians

33. Cops or Robbers? Robbers

34. Who from high school would you like to run in to? hmmmm, beran

35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now? 89.9 (NPR)

36. Norm or Cliff? Cliff because of his layman's knowledge of obscure facts- i agree

37. Grey's or 'The Office? The Office, both (american and british)

38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back? staying with someone longer than i should have.

39. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work? i work by myself.

40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? hmm, james mcavoy?

41. Indoors or Outdoors? depends on where i am.

42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle? ohhhhh yes. in spectacular fashion.

43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose? Yes. but i can't remember when.

44. Last book you read? oh i don't even know- a thousand things...

45. Do you have a teddy bear? from when i was a kid, yeah.

46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth? work maybe?

47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go? Napa

48. Do you go to church? No

49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship? new career.

50. How old are you? 31

Meeg said...

Dr. Venture is a good one. I thought about putting him down too.