Friday, June 22, 2007

Helping educate children in Africa

You may not know this, but my friends Ada and Zach (who are getting married in two weeks!) are involved in a charity called the Endeavor for Hope Foundation (EFHF) which works to promote access to education in rural communities in sub-Saharan Africa.

When I checked my email this morning, I found a message from Ada forwarding photos of the students at a school in Africa that the foundation is helping support.

It really brightened my morning (like a ray of sunshine) and helped me start my day out right (like Maker's Mark), so I figured I'd share one with you while I was waiting here for the people who clean my apartment for my useless ass.

It's so great to see where your donation money goes and to get first hand proof of the good the institution is doing! If you're looking to make a tax-deductible chartiable organization this fiscal year (and who isn't, really?) I highly recommend you check out the EFHF website for details on how to contribute to this worthy cause (you can do it online via paypal).

Also, I love how some of the children look bored: just like good students should!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

yes, but do stars make crazy ads for them? you go, make trade fair. http://www.maketradefair.com/en/index.php?file=dumpedphotos.htm
awesome ads and a good cause. who could ask for anything more? damon albarn in tomatoes...chris martin in rice...gael garcia bernal in cotton...colin firth in coffee (sigh)... and a bunch of mofos you ain't never heard of. when they ask me to do my ad i just hope it's a dry good. nothing wet and sticky, please.